Sunday 5 June 2011

Byrne/Eno

In my last post I mentioned My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, the fantastic album released by Brian Eno and David Byrne in 1981. I bought it on vinyl from a second-hand shop as  teenager back in the late ‘80s. I had no idea what it would be like, but it has left an indelible mark on me. This album took me into another world of sound, one that I had previously been unaware of. It was one of those albums that introduced me to the more ‘experimental’ end of the musical spectrum. On this album Eno & Byrne experiment with sampling from a range of sources, including various ‘world’ musics and radio/television broadcasts. You can read more about the album here

Here is the track “Mea Culpa” from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts



And here is a more recent collaboration between Eno & Byrne. I love David Byrne’s sweet-as-honey vocals in this song:


16 comments:

  1. Good music, the second video is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could listen for days to just about anything by Brian Eno. I really enjoyed these two songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Byrne does have some superb vocals...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "experimental" music is really hit or miss. I'd have to say this is a hit though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love experimental, especially brian eno!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is some trippy music

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of any of this stuff before. I'll have to check it out, like the second video. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice tunes... followed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete